ISCM Argentine section - Report on 2006
ANNUAL REPORT OF THE FUNDACION ENCUENTROS INTERNACIONALES DE MUSICA CONTEMPOPRANEA (argentine section of the ISCM)
Artistic Director:Alicia Terzian
The Fundación Encuentros Internacionales de Música Contemporánea - International Encounters for Contemporary Music Foundation, official branch of the ISCM in Argentina has realizaded the following activities in 2006-2007:
* Thursdays at 11pm: one hour emission devoted to contemporary music all the year by Radio Cultura Musical FM 100.3 (Buenos Aires-Argentina).
We kindly ask the ISCM members to send their CDs . These auditions are broadcast every year.
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL ENCUENTROS 2006 and 2007: 38th and 39th concerts seasons
2006 INTERNATIONAL ENCUENTROS FESTIVAL:
* 12 concerts performed by Grupo Encuentros, Duo Diorama (China-Canada) Minghuan Xu (violin) -Winston Choi (piano), Valentin Surif (piano), Ensemble Diapasón (Spain), Ensemble Bartok (Chile), Romances y Cantares Ensemble, Isabel Siewers (guitar-Austria) and two sessions of contemporary tango.
* Series of films awarded at the Biennial 2004 of documentary contemporary film organized by the Auditorium of the Museum of Louvre of Paris and Classifilm (France) in exclusive agreement with the Encuentros Foundation. Films dedicated to Paul Sacher (Switzerland), Pascal Dusapin (France) and Harry Patch.
* 7 master classes by foreign and Argentine artists to students and attendants to the Festival in the Conservatory of Music 'Manuel de Falla' of Buenos Aires.
* 1st Argentine Piano Contest 'Alberto Ginastera' as Hommage to his 90th birthday. The awards were given to two pianists under 15 (from the provinces of San Juan and Buenos Aires) and one pianist under 30 (from France) in a concert at the Big Hall of the Faculty of Law.
* Organ concert by Luis Caparra.
During the Festival the following composers works were performed: J. M. Solare, J. Tienssuu, Mario Ros, Jose Luis campana, Irma rteaga, O. Wilensky, D.Schostakovich, Isabel Urrutia, NormaLado, RGallo, J.Lenot, I.Xenakis, A.Williams, F.Lara., M.Davidovsky.M-Zupko, G.Ligeti, C.Suffern, J.C.Paz, M.Henriquez, G.Agudelo, A.Ginastera, J.de Monasterio, Sarasate, I.Albeniz, J.O.Salas, SA.Sargon, J.Lemann, Ph.Bimstein, G.Matthey, B.Bartok, A.Kachaturian, R.Gorigoitia, E.Satie, S.Brotons, C.Eroles, D.Colome, L.Naon, D.Gonzalez de la Rubia, I-Albeniz, F.Garcia Lorca, M.de Fala, B.Britten, L.-Brouwer, M.Joannous Elia, R.Arizaga, O.;Messiaen.
Concerts, seminars, master classes and film sessions are free entrance.
2007 INTERNATIONAL ENCUENTROS FESTIVAL:
* 10 concerts performed by Sarastro Quartett (Switzerland), BrouwerTrio (Spain), Grupo Encuentros, Wilhelm Latchoumia (France), Diane Andersen (Belgium) and the Argentines Tomás Nessi and Javier Villegas (pianists under 15), Anais Crestin (France-Argentina), Marta Blanco, Martín Caltabiano (singing). All gave lectures illustrated with musical examples.
* 2 sessions of films awarded at the Biennial 2006 of the contemporary documentary film organized by the Auditorium of the Museum of Louvre of Paris and Classifilm (France) in exclusive agreement with the Encuentros Foundation. Films dedicated to the French composer Gerard Pesson, the German Ullmann, the Hungarian Bartok, the opera Intolleranza by Luigi Nono, Keith Jarret and Martin Scorscse and his relation with the music in his films.
* Extraordinary Piano Seminar leaded by Diane Andersen (Belgium) with 11 active pianists and 30 listeners.
During the Festival the following composers works were performed: A.Honegger, R.Moser, F.Muller, C.Gaito, A.Tauriello, F.Poulenc, O.Golijov, R.Kelterborn, B.Bartok, Benet Casasblancas, J.Guinjoan, D.Gonzalez de la Rubia, F.Panisello, D.Cozzi, L.Brouwer, CADebussy, M.Ravel, O.Messiaen, M.Ohana, H.Dutilleux, M.Kagel, G.Pozzati, J.Gimenez Noble, R.Mañanes, J.Rodrigo, R.Arizaga, MA.Boucourechliev, L.Nono, K.Naegelen, I.Xenakis, P.Jodlowsky, B.Lockardt, S Prokofieff, M.Lysight, J.Fontjn, D.Goolkassian-Rahbe
* 2nd Argentine Piano Contest 'Alberto Ginastera' devoted to the repertoire of piano works written by Argentine composers from the end of the XIXth century to the present.
ARGENTINE TRIBUNE OF COMPOSERS and TRIBUNE OF ELECTROACOUSTIC MUSIC
In April 2006 and April 2007 both Tribunes were dedicated to Argentine composers, specially under 30 years old.
Many Argentine composers were awarded Prizes and Mentions and their works submitted to the International Tribune of Composers 2006 and 2007 organized by the IMC as well as to the World Music Days organized by the ISCM in Hong Kong and Lithuania (2008).
The Diplomas were given at the Opening Concert of the Encuentros Foundation in 2006 and 2007.
In 2008 the Encuentros Foundation will celebrate its 40th anniversary always devoted to disseminate the contemporary music through concerts, master classes, seminars, films, etc, according to the rules of the official branches of the ISCM in the world.
These activities are accomplished only thanks the support of private companies , embassies, and individual persons. The Encuentros Foundation DOES NOT RECEIVE ANY OFFICIAL SUPPORT FROM THE ARGENTINE GOVERNMENT so as to be free to choose participants and programmes.
GRUPO ENCUENTROS 2006 INTERNATIONAL TOURNEES
The Grupo Encuentros realized two tournees in Europe in February and November 2006, presenting Argentine, Latin American and universal musical works in different cities and festivals.